For concerns about your eye health during coronavirus social distancing measures please email us at email@example.com or contact us at 1-800-331-6634.
September 28, 2020 Update
Wills Eye Physicians/Mid Atlantic Retina is focused on the health of our patients, physicians and staff during this coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We are following the prevention procedures and preparedness as put forth by the state health departments and the American Academy of Ophthalmology. We are actively monitoring and continually updating these procedures as the pandemic evolves and new recommendations become available.
All patients are REQUIRED to wear either a mask or a fabric covering over their nose and mouth when they enter our offices.
Our offices are open, as we are committed to maintain patient access to care in a medically and socially responsible way.
- Patients have the option of waiting in their vehicle, or outside the office or building, instead of the waiting room. Our front desk will either call or text you when we are ready to see you for your exam.
- We ask that persons accompanying patients stay in the car unless patient assistance is needed during the visit. Please notify the front desk upon check-in.
- Non-contact temperatures and medical screening questionnaire will be done prior to entering our offices.
- Patients do not need to wear gloves; we will provide hand sanitizer upon entering and leaving the office.
- Frequent disinfection of surfaces and objects touched by multiple people is completed in our waiting rooms and exam rooms, using approved disinfectants also help reduce the risk.
- Physicians and office staff are wearing masks and different attire, in an effort to protect our patients.
Minimizing the Risk:
We ask that you notify us prior to your appointment if you have any of the criteria listed below to reschedule your appointment. We will make every effort to reschedule patients as soon as they are well. Please note that if these criteria apply to anyone accompanying you to your appointment, they will not be permitted into our office to ensure a clean and safe environment.
- Diagnosed with COVID-19 or been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Experienced a Cough, Fever or Shortness of Breath in the last 2 weeks and/or lost your sense of taste of smell.
- If you or someone in your household has been to the metropolitan NYC area which includes Long Island, Connecticut, and central/northern NJ, traveled outside the United States, or been on a cruise in the last 2 weeks.
We will continue to monitor CDC and local health agency advisories to prevent the spread of COVID-19. To learn more, please visit the following health agency websites: